How to Export Contacts from Gmail
There are a few reasons you might want to export your Gmail contacts. Perhaps you’re switching to a new email service and want to take your contacts with you. Maybe you want to create a backup of your contacts in case something happens to your account. Or maybe you just want to be able to access your contacts offline.
Whatever the reason, Gmail makes it easy to export your contacts. In just a few clicks, you can download a CSV file with all of your contacts’ information.
Here’s how to export your Gmail contacts:
1. Log into your Gmail account and click on the Contacts icon.
2. In the Contacts menu, click More and then Export.
3. In the Export contacts dialog box, select the format you want to export your contacts in. The two most common options are Google CSV format and vCard format.
4. Click the Export button.
Your browser will then prompt you to save the file. Choose a location on your computer where you want to save the file and click Save.
That’s it! Your Gmail contacts are now exported and can be imported into another program or service.
2. How to Import Contacts into Gmail
Assuming you have a CSV file of contacts (name, email address, phone number, etc.), here’s how to import them into Gmail:
1. Log into your Gmail account.
2. Click the “Contacts” link on the left side of the screen.
3. Click the “More” drop-down menu and select “Import”.
4. Click the “Choose File” button and select the CSV file you want to import.
5. Click the “Import” button.
That’s it! Your contacts should now be imported into Gmail.
3. How to Transfer Contacts from One Gmail Account to Another
There are a few reasons you might want to transfer contacts from one Gmail account to another. Maybe you’re switching to a new job and need to transfer your work contacts to your personal account. Or maybe you just want to consolidate all your contacts into one place.
Whatever the reason, it’s actually pretty easy to transfer contacts from one Gmail account to another. Here’s how:
1. Log into the Gmail account that has the contacts you want to transfer.
2. Click the Contacts link in the sidebar.
3. Click the More actions dropdown and select Export.
4. Choose which contacts you want to export and select the format you want to export them in. For most people, the vCard format will work fine.
5. Click the Export button. Your contacts will be downloaded to your computer as a .vcf file.
6. Log into the Gmail account you want to import the contacts into.
7. Click the Contacts link in the sidebar.
8. Click the More actions dropdown and select Import.
9. Click the Choose file button and select the .vcf file you downloaded in step 5.
10. Click the Import button. Your contacts will be imported into your new Gmail account.
That’s all there is to it! With just a few clicks, you can easily transfer contacts from one Gmail account to another.